Concat() AMPScript in Free Form Content Block Causes Rendering Issues
Last updated 2019-05-31 ·Reference W-5205422 ·Reported By 2 users
Fixed in version 216
Putting AMPScript code blocks in free form email content blocks can cause rendering issues. Specifically, using the Concat() AMPScript to build a dynamic URL inside an HTML comment will cause the check for HTML attributes containing < or > characters to overrun the end of the comment and encode things that shouldn't be.
- Create a Free Form Content Block
- Add the AMPScript code like the Concat() function inside an HTML comment
- Save and review the content
- Notice that the code is no longer as it was originally entered
- Use HTML only content blocks when using AMPScript
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.