Update Mass Quick Actions with predefined values let users to update fields to a not supported value for the record type
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-4585319 ·Reported By 3 users
Update Mass Quick Actions with predefined values let users update fields to a not supported value for the record type
1. Create a quick update action for Case. Set the status to a predefined value of "On Hold". Add quick action into listview through search layout of case object.
2. Create a record type for Case. In the new record type, make sure "On Hold" is not a supported value for the Status field. The supported values should only be New, Escalated, Closed.
3. Create a couple of new cases with the new record type.
4. In the list view select multiple cases with some of them having master record type and some of them with the new record type created in step 2.
5. Try to update the case with mass update quick action.
6. The status field shows "On Hold" as the predefined value. Select any other status. Reselect on Hold as the status and save.
7. Verify the status value for Cases with record type created in step 2
Actual Result: Cases with record type created in step 2 are also saved with status as "On Hold" even though it is not a supported status for that record type
Expected Result: Mass quick action shows only supported values for all record types for the selected records
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.