Last modified fields in Notes related list and printable view displays incorrect data
Last updated 2018-10-02 ·Reference W-4463086 ·Reported By 2 users
Some customers may have noticed that in the Printable View for the Notes & Attachments functionality, the Last Modified By field actually lists the user who owns the record, rather than the user that most recently modified it.
In addition, when viewing records in the Notes related list in Classic, the Last Modified date/time value may be incorrect and does not match the ContentNote's underlying LastModifiedDate value.
1. Enable the Notes & Attachments functionality.
2. Include the Notes & Attachments related list on a page layout for any object (contacts, for example)
3. As a 2nd user, create a new note under a given (e.g. Contact) record.
4. Edit the new note as the first user
5. Click Printable view from the (contact) record.
Result: Note that the printable view shows the related list for Notes & Attachments, and next to Type it shows the name of the user that created the note, not the name of the user that last modified it.
1. Insert ContentNote records with create audit fields enabled and specify Last Modified By and Date audit field values.
2. Associate the newly created notes to existing records by inserting ContentDocumentLink records.
3. Add the Notes related list (RL) to your related record's page layout.
4. Navigate to the record you related your newly created Notes to view them in the Notes related list.
Result: The Last Modified date/time value in the Notes RL will show as the date/time you performed the insert of the ContentDocumentLink records and not the audit field values you specific in your ContentNote insert file.
None at this time.
10/2/2018: Although this Known Issue is marked as fixed, there is still a circumstance where the Notes related list in Classic is displaying the Last Modified date/time value incorrectly if setting LastModifiedDate upon inserting ContentNote records when audit fields enabled.
See: Classic: Notes related list Last Modified displays ContentNote insert date/time instead of LastModifiedDate set on insert with audit fields enabled
3/12/2018: Previously this issue was limited to the Last Modified By field for the Notes & Attachments printable view showing incorrect details.
The scope of this Known Issue has been expanded as the underlying issue also causes the Last Modified values for records in the Notes related list in Classic to show incorrect values.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.