Duplicate Lead Assignment Rule email notifications are sent when a Lead is inserted via API
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-4438360 ·Reported By 40 users
Duplicate Lead assignment rule notification emails are sent for Leads created via API (e.g. Pardot, Apex).
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login as a System Admin
2. Activate the "Stop Automated Field Updates from Suppressing Email Notifications" CRUC
3. Create the following Lead Assignment Rule:
Rule Name: Assign to me
Rule Entries (1)
Step 1: Set the order in which this rule entry will be processed
Sort Order: 1
Step 2: Select the criteria for this rule entry
Criteria: Last name equals Test
Step 3: Select the user or queue to assign the Lead to
Template: any active email template
4. Create a process that updates a field on Lead:
Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process
Start the process: when a record is created or edited
Define Criteria for this Action Group
Criteria Name: test
Criteria for Executing Actions: No criteria—just execute the actions!
Immediate Actions: Update Record
Action Name: test
Record: Lead that started the process
Criteria for Updating Records: No criteria—just update the records!
Set new field values for the records you update: City | String | test
5. Create a Lead (LastName='Test', FirstName='My', Company='SFDC') via the Leads tab and make sure you check the "Assign using active assignment rule" box before saving
6. Verify you only receive one email
7. Open the developer console and execute the following Apex:
Lead l = new Lead(LastName='Test', FirstName='My', Company='SFDC');
Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
dmo.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail = true;
- You receive two email notifications
- You receive one email notifications
No workarounds at this time.
Reported By (40)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.