Einstein Analytics - Login as Community User doesn't pass correct user context to apply Security Predicate on dataset
Last updated 2019-05-04 ·Reference W-5435728 ·Reported By 34 users
Einstein Analytics doesn't recognize the "Login As Community User" method which means community users information is not passed to Einstein Analytics.
One consequence of this behavior is that Security Predicates on Datasets referenced in the embedded Dashboard apply row-level security based on the Admin who logged in as the community user.
Another consequence is that Admin users without Analytics Permission Set License Assignments will get an error when trying to view embedded Einstein Community Dashboards using "Login As Community User" with a Community User who does have an Analytics Permission Set License Assignment. In this scenario the Admin user would see an error saying “This feature is not currently enabled for this user” even though the Admin is logged-in as a Community User with an Analytics Permission Set License Assignment.
1. Create an Einstein Dashboard which references at least one dataset that has a security predicate.
2. Ensure the security predicate contains the dollar symbol to signify the logged in user similar to this: 'OwnerId' == "$User.Id"
3. Embed the Einstein Dashboard in a Community page.
4. Navigate to a Contact record for a community user.
5. Click "Login In As Community User" on the contact record to access the Community.
6. Navigate to the Community page with the embedded dashboard.
7. Row-level security is applied as the Admin (not the community user).
Directly logging in as a Community User will allow the Einstein Analytics environment to load with the correct session information and permit the Security Predicate to operate in the correct context.
Reported By (34)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.