"This View Unique Name already exists" error when trying to modify a List view in Org having FSL package via Metadata API
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4176801 ·Reported By 8 users
Editing a list view that has a scope of “Assigned to me” via metadata deployment fails with the following error:
"This View Unique Name already exists"
Currently, this is affecting customers who have Field Service enabled. For example, Service Appointment is an entity that has 3 different scopes for list views: Mine, Everything, AssignedToMe.
Note: Updating the same list view via UI works.
- Signup an Org and setup Field Service Lightning (FSL) in the Org.
- Navigate to the “Service Appointment” and create a list view.
- Now edit the list view and set the scope of the list view to “Assigned to me” under “Filter by Owner”
- Retrieve the "Service Appointment" Object using Metadata API using this Package.xml :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
- Now, validate the retrieved metadata against the Org and you will see this error :
objects/ServiceAppointment.object (ServiceAppointment.<List View name>) -- Error: This View Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name.
- Make the list view change manually.
- If Metadata API must be used, then make sure that the filter uses “My Service Appointments” or "All Service Appointments" instead of “Assigned to me” scope (until this bug is fixed).
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.