Error on Case Related list in Lightning when viewing a Person Account and user profile does not have Read on Contact Name (Case Field)
Last updated 3 days ago ·Reference W-4165898 ·Reported By 20 users
Case Related List displays the following error when viewed on a Person Account record in Lightning and the running user does not have Read on the Case Field “Contact Name”.
INVALID_FIELD: AccountId = '001XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' OR ContactId = '003XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:529 No such column 'ContactId' on entity 'Case'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
1. Ensure Person Accounts are enabled for your org. Create a person account.
2. Go to Profiles in Setup and turn off Read Access for the Case Field "Contact Name".
3. Login as a User with that Profile.
4. Enable Lightning Experience for the User if it is not already turned on.
5. Navigate to the Person Account created and view the Case Related List. It will not load and display the error.
6. Now switch to the Classic user interface. The related list will display without error.
Either enable read for the Case Field "Contact Name" or use Classic.
Reported By (20)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.