Picklist Metadata API is not creating default record type mapping value lists
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4181867 ·Reported By 3 users
When picklist is created via Metadata API, default record type mappings are not created. However when the same picklist is created from setup default record type mappings are populated.
1. In setup, go to “Create” -> “Objects”
2. Create a new object called “TestObject”
3. On “TestObject” create a new record type “TestRecordType”
4. Login to the same organization in workbench
5. Create a new picklist via Metadata API:
a. Go to Migration->Deploy
b. Deploy package “new_picklist.zip” (It contains a simple pick list called “NewPicklist”)
6. Go back to setup, click on “TestRecordType” on “TestObject”
7. Observe that “NewPicklist” is present, click on “Edit” link
8. Observe that no picklist values are selected
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.