Attaching records via Sidebar Component to multiple Omni Transcripts only retains one record lookup
Last updated 2018-09-12 ·Reference W-4153161 ·Reported By 6 users
When utilizing Sidebar Components with 2 or more active Live Agent Chats via Omni-Channel Routing, the lookup records will only retain one of the values instead of different values chosen for the different chats.
***Prerequisites to Reproduce:
-Chat button must use Omni-Channel Routing
-Queue should be setup to handle the following object: Live Chat Transcript
-Page Layout for 'Live Chat Transcript (In Progress) Layout' should have custom console components added lookup items (This should be enabled by default but if not create lookups to Contact Name and Account Name)
-Chat capacity should be set to at least 3.
1. Go Online via Omni-Channel and start 2 or more chats.
2. When the chats are connected, populate the right side lookup components with 2 different contacts.
3. Make note of which Transcript has which contact. Close out the chats via the "End Chat" button (Either visitor or agent side works).
4. Close out of all the tabs for the ended chats very close to each other, then enter the transcript numbers in the search within Console.
5. When you bring up the Transcript records, the Transcripts will have the same owner within the Contact Field even though there were different lookups chosen.
There are 2 workarounds available:
1. Ensure only 1 chat is active at the time you are utilizing the sidebar component.
2. Populate the lookup fields within the record itself instead of using the sidebar components.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.