Lookup on Custom MetaData Types to other Custom MetaData types displays inconsistent search behavior
Last updated 29 days ago ·Reference W-6987135 ·Reported By 1 users
Some customers may have observed that they are seeing rather inconsistent behavior with Custom Metadata types standard lookups when compared to regular standard lookups.
In this case, if you have created several custom metadata types with special characters and are attempting to use the lookup field to select other custom metadata types, searching for different tokens does not yield expected results.
for example: Acme:2nd
Search for Acme, returns results, whereas searching for Acme:2nd OR Acme: yields no results.
1. Create a Custom Metadata Type named MDT1.
2. Create a record for MDT1 named 'Acme: 2nd Deposit (bqt-sell)'
3. Create another Custom Metadata Type MDT2.
4. Create a Metadata Relationship field on MDT2 referencing MDT1.
5. While creating a record for MDT2 try to search for the record created in step2 with the string 'Acme: 2nd'
Search with either Acme or *2nd will return expected results.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.