Lightning Sync - Duplicate contact created if the contact email matches internal Exchange user's email or contacts in Global Address List
Last updated 2 days ago ·Reference W-6725922 ·Reported By 14 users
Lightning Sync might create a duplicate contact in Outlook if a contact's email address in Salesforce matches with any internal Exchange user email or with any contact in Global Address List.
1. Create a contact in Salesforce with email address which is exactly the same as syncing user email or someone who is external User whose details are stored in Global Address List or have an Active Directory User in Exchange
2. Wait for contact to be created in Outlook in 'Salesforce_Sync' folder
3. Reset sync for the user in Salesforce
4. Observe that a duplicate contact is created in Outlook
1. If possible, avoid creating Salesforce contacts with internal Salesforce user emails (users who are internal to the exchange)
2. Manually clear duplicates in Outlook
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.