New version of an attached file cause errors while editing the article as draft
Last updated 2 days ago ·Reference W-6536834 ·Reported By 59 users
If you attached a file in knowledge article then update the file to a new version, you will not be able to edit the file.
Actual: Error: You can't perform this action. Be sure the action is valid for the current state of the article, and that you have permission to perform it.
Expected: The article should be editable.
1) Enable Knowledge in org: Setup - Feature Settings - Service - Knowledge - Knowledge Settings.
2) Enable knowledge for admin/test user.
3) Enable Lightning Knowledge.
4) Add “File” related list to the knowledge page layout
Go to Object Manager => Knowledge => Page layout => add the File Related list
5)Create a knowledge article and edit the knowledge article lightning page and add “Related List - Single” component to the right of the page and select "Files" in related list.
6) Attach a file to the knowledge article and publish.
7) Now Edit the article as Draft again.
8) Click on the file name link and from overlay upload a new version of the file.
9) Close the overlay.
10) Publish the article => Make sure to uncheck the “Flag as new version” checkbox.
11) Now try editing the article again.
Error: You can't perform this action. Be sure the action is valid for the current state of the article, and that you have permission to perform it.
Delete the attached file -> Edit the article -> Re-upload the File to the article.
Reported By (59)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.