Feature Request: Add functionality to manually expire email attachment links in Lightning Experience
Last updated 22 days ago ·Reference W-6511466 ·Reported By 2 users
Note: This is currently classified as a Feature Request or work item that is the Salesforce internal equivalent of an Idea on the IdeaExchange. Please consider creating or promoting an Idea for this so that we may see this feature added with a future release.
Guidelines for Working with Email
Access and Sharing for Email Merge Fields, Templates, and Attachments in Lightning Experience
States, "Attachments that are sent as links in Lightning Experience don't expire automatically. You can expire the link manually."
This is actually incorrect and there is currently no ability or option to manually expire attachment links from within Lightning Experience.
The ability to access the email attachment's underlying link or content delivery and click 'Expire Now' is only available in Salesforce Classic.
Reference: Viewing and Editing Content Deliveries
This work items is to track future scoping and potential implementation of new functionality that would allow users to expire email attachment links from within Lightning Experience.
- Setup Enhanced Email:
- Configure Email Attachments Default Behavior for Email Attachments to "Always as links":
1. Create a Test Contact record using your Email address.
2. In Lightning Experience select the "Send Email" action from the contact and include an attachment on the outbound email.
Actual Results: The email is received and it contains a Content Delivery link to the attachment and documentation indicates that this link can be expired manually however, there is not way to expire the link in Lightning.
Expected Results: There would be a way to easily expire links for Email attachments sent from Lightning Experience or the limitation would be properly documented.
1. Navigate to the email message containing the attachment and link you want to manually expire.
2. Locate and copy the EmailMessage Id from in the browser's URL
Where '02s0M00000jYdbTQAS' is the record Id for the email message.
5. Login to Data Loader, select Export and 'Show all Salesforce objects' to select and query against the Content Delivery (ContentDistribution) object.
6. Copy and paste the following query it into the query editor on 'Step 3. Edit your query' by replacing <EmailMessageIdHere> with your email message's record Id from step 2.
SELECT Id FROM ContentDistribution WHERE RelatedRecordId = '<EmailMessageIdHere>'
Ex. SELECT Id FROM ContentDistribution WHERE RelatedRecordId = '02s0M00000jYdbTQAS'
7. Open the resulting export csv file and copy the ID for the Content Delivery.
8. While logged into Salesforce, paste the content delivery's Id after the '.com/' in your browser's URL to open the content delivery detail page where you can click the 'Expire Now' to manually expire the attachment's link.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.