Console Push Notifications Fail to Consistently Notify Users of Edits
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-6062397 ·Reported By 14 users
Console Push Notifications in Salesforce Classic may fail to notify users of record edits / updates made by other users. Depending on App configuration, this may prevent Refresh of Lists and Detail Pages or prevent Flags (yellow banner) from displaying changes.
1. Configure a Classic Console App for Push Notifications.
2. In separate browsers, login as an Admin and as a non-Admin User and switch to Classic.
3. As each user, select the assigned Console App.
4. As one user, make an Edit to an Record's field that is configured for push notification.
5. As the other user, monitor that same Record for a visual Flag or Refresh indicating a change was made.
Visual Flag / banner consistently notifies a user when another user makes a change to a defined push field. Detail Pages and List Views refresh, as defined in Console App configuration.
Visual Flag / banner rarely displays. Details Pages and List Views may not refresh.
No workaround at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.