Add Campaign when records are Person Contacts from report fails
Last updated 2020-02-13 ·Reference W-6009220 ·Reported By 4 users
In a Person Account enabled org, when we try to add members ( as person contacts) to campaigns, the members are not added as expected.
This malfunction is caused by one of the following scenarios:
1.If the report is using custom report type AND the lookup field (contact ID for example) is added to the custom report layout.
2.If the secondary object is Contract in the custom report type selected
1.Create a new Custom Report Type
2. Choose a newly created Report Type where "Add fields related via lookup" has been added to the layout
3. Add columns: Person Account: Full Name, First Name, Last Name
4. Click Save and Run
5. On the top right of the report click "Add to Campaign"
6. Choose a newly created campaign
7. Choose Status "Sent "
8. Click "Submit"
9. The campaign members have not been added
The functionality works when all the Lookup fields are removed from the Custom Report Type used for the report to add campaign members
This workaround provided is only for scenario1 for scenario 2, there is no workaround at the moment in place
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.