Reporting snapshot fails when previous default corporate currency is disabled
Last updated 2019-10-12 ·Reference W-5938730 ·Reported By 1 users
An organization has a currency designated as the corporate currency, then enable Multi-currency and add other currencies, then disable the original currency. This can cause an error when running a reporting snapshot, or other automated record creation, as the process attempts to write the original (now inactive) currency to the records.
1. Navigate to Setup (top right of Classic/Aloha view, easier to repro this all in classic but same issue in LEX) > on the left side menu type "Company Information" in the Quick Find / Search box and click into the link
2. Click Edit on the resulting detail page > then check the box for "Activate Multiple Currencies" it will default to whatever Currency Locale field is above e.g. USD > Click Save
3. On the Company Information detail page again click the "Currency Setup button" > Then click "New" button > Select a new currency in Currency Type e.g. CAD - Canadian Dollar > Set Conversion Rate to 1.0 and click Save
4. Click on the "Change Corporate" button and from the New Corporate Currency picklist select CAD - Canadian Dollar (or the currency you created) and click Save
5. Click Deactivate beside your default currency that you enabled with Multiple Currencies in step 4 e.g. USD
6. In Quick Find / Search box in Setup again search for "Objects" and click on Objects under Create section > Click the New Custom Object on the resultant page
7. Set the Label to "Account Count", Plural Label to "Account Counts" , check the boxes for :
8. Allow Reports
9. Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object
10. Click Save when done
11. Under "Custom Fields & Relationships" click the "New" button > Select Number for the Field Type and click Next > Set the Field Label to Count, press Tab key to auto-populate the rest of the fields and click Next > Next > Save.
12. Navigate to Reports tab > Click New Report button > Expand Accounts & Contacts folder > Select Accounts > Click Create button > Change the Show to All Accounts, Range to All time and make sure you have account records returning (if not create at least 1 account record)
13. Set the Format from Tabular to Summary Format (IMPORTANT)
14. Save the Report and call it anything e.g. Account Count Report > Set Report Folder to ANY public folder e.g. Unfiled Public Reports and click Save and Run Report.
15. Navigate back to Setup section and in Quick Find / Search type in "Reporting Snapshots" and click the subsequent link
16. Click "New Reporting Snapshot" button > Set the Reporting Snapshot Name as "Account Count", set the Running user as yourself (usually Admin User if you've setup a Developer org in your local, name should be in the top right) > Set Source Report as the Report you created and Target Object as the Object you created.
17. Click "Save & Edit Mappings" button > You should have two drop downs available, for Account Count Name (or whatever you called the custom object) set that to "Reporting Snapshot Name" > for Count (field) set it to "Record Count" and click Save.
18. Next click on the Edit button over the Schedule Reporting Snapshot related list, set the Frequency to Daily, then click on the "Find available options..." link beside preferred start time and pick any time, for dev local orgs you'll only have one option then click Save.
19. Note the error reason after the snapshot has run as "Invalid currency: USD" (or whatever currency you were defaulted as on signup that you deactivated)
Re-activate the original currency
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.