Exception while trying to click "Contracted" checkbox on the Amended Order created from Renewal
Last updated 2019-03-05 ·Reference W-5854037 ·Reported By 0 users
Fixed in version Billing 218.6
Exception will be thrown when trying to click "Contracted" checkbox on the Amended Order created from Renewal
1. Create Opportunity on an Account
2. Create new Quote associated to Opportunity
3. Populate Start date, subscription term
4. Click on Edit lines
5. Add a subscription product quantity of 1
6. Save from the Quote Line Editor
7. Check the Ordered checkbox on the Quote and the Order will be created with the above start date
8. Activate Order
9. Click on Contracted checkbox on Order, Contract will be created, Activate the Contract.
10.Click on “Renewal Quoted” checkbox, this will create you a Renewal Opportunity and quote
11. Go to the Renewal Quote now and Check the Ordered checkbox on the Quote and the Order will be created.
12. Activate Order, Click on Contracted checkbox on Order , Contract will be created, Activate the Renewal Contract.
13. On the Renewal Contract, set the Amendment Start date as same as Renewal Contract start date
14. Click on Amend and reduce quantity to 0. Save.
14. Check the Ordered checkbox on the Quote and the Order will be created.
15. Activate Order, Click on Contracted checkbox on Order
16. This Should create the subscriptions for the Amended Order in the Renewal Contract and also should set the Terminated date to all the subscriptions in the Renewal Contract and its related Order Product but throws an exception.
17. *Error type:* **System.DmlException
*Reason for error:* **Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 8021l000000LmdzAAC; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, blng.OrderProductTrigger: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object (blng) : 
1. Go to renew order product detail page, clear "Revised order product" (take a copy of value and store it in somewhere in notes.)
2. Go to cancellation renew order, click on contracted checkbox.
3. After contract creation, go to renew order product detail page and repopulate the revised order product that we cleared in step1.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.