Activities not viewable in Lightning when the "Related List" component is added to the lightning record page
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4238670 ·Reported By 20 users
The Related List Lightning Record Page component can prevent users from viewing tasks and events in either the Activity Timeline on a record or in the Calendar tab in Lightning.
1. From your organization in Lightning, go to Setup |Object and Settings|Object Manager
2. Select either Task or Event
3. Select Lightning Record Pages
4. Create new page
5. Add the 'Related list' component to the page; set a value to the Related List field on the right hand side panel (Attachments will default as a value, for example)
6. Activate, Save the page and set it as the default.
7. Create an event under a record (an account for example)
8. Try opening the event, and an error will show.
9. Return to the Lightning record page and note that the Related List value for the the component on the right hand side panel will be blank Choose one and Save.
10. Return to the event record - the error will occur again.
11. Return to the lightning record page - the related list field will be blank again.
Remove the Related List component from the Lightning Record Page. Please bear in mind, there is also a component named Related Lists (plural) which can be added to the page without any errors.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.