Cannot Create New Records From Custom Object Related List On Person Account in Lightning Experience
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-2680983 ·Reported By 15 users
Users cannot create any new records from related lists on person accounts. They get the following error: "Custom Contact: id value of incorrect type: 001100000000000Ooo"
This problem occurs when the related custom object has a master-detail/lookup relationship to the Contact object.
1) Create an Account record type "Business Account"
Enable "Person Accounts" (via Support)
Add the Person Account record type to the System Administrator profile
2) Create a custom object with a lookup field to the Contact object
3) Add the custom object related list to the Person Account page layout.
4) Switch to Lightning Experience
5) Create a person account record
6) Scroll to custom object related list and click new
7) On save you will see the error below:
"Custom Contact: id value of incorrect type: 001100000000000Ooo"
1 Clear the value in the Contact Lookup field and then search and select the person contact manually, the record will save successfully.
2 Create the custom object record from the Related list on the Contact record
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.