"This record was modified by..." your own user message after saving record in custom object related list
Last updated Yesterday ·Reference W-5356635 ·Reported By 378 users
After updating a related custom object record, the user incorrectly receives an error message (a collision detection) when updating the parent record on the same page.
More generically, the error seems to happen any time an entity related to another entity is modified and the ‘Last Modified Date’ timestamp on the parent entity is updated in the database but not on the frontend.
REQUIRED SETUP BEFORE REPRODUCING THE ISSUE:
1. In Aloha, Create a custom object
2. In this custom object, create a master-detail lookup relationship on opportunity.
3. In the same custom object, create a percent custom field.
4. In opportunity object, create a roll-up custom field aggregated with sum of percent custom field from the custom object. Then, create a text custom field.
1. Create an opportunity record. Then create a record on the custom related object having a value on the percent custom field.
2. Then switch to lightning and access the opportunity record that have created in step 4 ( Please refer to setup 4 from the section "Required Setup before reproducing the issue").
3. Edit the related (delivery partner) record and update the value of the percent custom field then save. Notice the last modified date has not been updated.
4. Now inline edit the text custom field in the opportunity detail and put in a value then save.
Refresh the page, you can do it by clicking the Reload button.
Reported By (378)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.