Update quick action console component's filtered lookup dialog search returns invalid or no results
Last updated 29 days ago ·Reference W-4016928 ·Reported By 9 users
When using an "Update a Record" quick action as a sidebar subtab custom console component users may find that lookup field filters are not respected when the field is included on the action's layout.
This is because lookup dialog search filters are not applied as expected in quick action console components which results in invalid or no results when users perform lookup searches from within the console component.
- Configure and enable a Console App in Classic:
- Create a Feed based case page layout:
- Create a Case Action with the following details:
Action Type: Update a Record
Standard Label Type: --None--
Label: Update Case
1. Create a custom lookup field on the Case object looking up to Account:
Field Label: Related Account
2. Add a Lookup Filter to the field:
Case: Account ID equals Field: Related Account Account ID
3. Create an Account and then create a Case related to that Account (via the standard "Account Name" field.
4. Ensure the field you created in step 1 is applied to the Update Case action's layout:
5. From the page layout editor's palette click "Custom Console Components" and add the following Left Sidebar Subtab Component:
Width px: 100
Component: Field: This Case
Label: This Case
Update Action: Update Case
Note: Be sure to save both the Custom Console Component page and then the actual page layout.
6. Open the example case record you created in step 3 within the console created in the prerequisites.
7. Expand the left sidebar subtab component, if it's not already visible, and click to edit the lookup field that you created in step 1. and search for the Account record that you created in step 3.
Actual Results: Either no records are returned in the search or irrelevant recent records that do not match the lookup filter criteria are returned despite matching records existing and meeting the lookup filter's criteria.
Expected Results: All relevant records meeting the lookup dialog search's filter criteria should be returned in results via the "Update a record" quick action contained in the sidebar subtab console component.
- Disable to lookup filter or instruct users to populate the lookup field on the record detail page or from within an alternative component.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.