Quote "Create PDF" button lookup search dialog results are not ordered alphabetically
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-3914555 ·Reported By 3 users
Users may report that when they attempt to perform a blank quote template lookup via the Quote detail page's standard "Create PDF" button, the resulting Quotes are not organized alphabetically.
This is contrary to our documentation which states, "For standard lookups, records are ordered in alphabetical order by the primary record name field."
Tips for Using Standard and Enhanced Lookups
Results may appear out of alphabetical order if the Quote Templates have been renamed after they were initially created. The sort order via the lookup is set via the template's developer or API name which is automatically set to the templates name when it's initially created.
Updating the Quote Template's name after creation does not modify its underlying developer name and as an unexpected symptom of this behavior, renamed quotes may be listed out of alphabetical order based on their label or display name in the user interface.
1. Enable Quotes: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=quotes_enable.htm
2. Create Several Quote Templates (you can use the default "Standard Template" to get started) using the following naming conventions via Setup, Customize | Quotes | Templates
Then ensure that you have activated each one.
3. Create a test Opportunity record
4. Create a test Quote record
5. From the Quote detail page click the standard "Create PDF" Button and then the magnifying glass (without entering a search term) to perform a blank lookup search.
Note: The newly created templates are in expected alphabetical order as per documentation.
6. Now navigate to and edit the following templates you created in step 2. by clicking the "Quote Template Properties" button in each of the template's layout editor's palette and clicking Save.
- Rename "CTemplate" to "ZTemplate"
- Rename "DTemplate" to "YTemplate"
Note: When viewing the Quote Templates list in setup they're re-organized to still be listed alphabetically after re-naming.
7. Now navigate back to your example Quote record: QuoteTemplate Lookup
8. Click the "Create PDF" Button and then the magnifying glass to perform another blank lookup search.
Actual Results: The renamed Quote Templates are maintained in their same initial sort order positions despite having been renamed which in turn causes them to no longer appear alphabetically.
Expected Results: The Quote template lookup dialog's search results would always be listed alphabetically when performing a blank lookup search.
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.