Update a Record action on Case object does not refresh case feed correctly
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2492143 ·Reported By 2 users
On Case Feed, when a custom publisher action is added (Update a Record action) that updates fields, you need to click on "Update" button twice in order for the custom publisher to disappear and for the "Success" message to appear.
1. Create a custom "Update a Record" action, and in the action layout, add the case status field.
2. Add the custom action into the case page layout so that it shows up on the case feed.
3. Go to a case, observe the case status on the highlight panel.
4. Click on the custom action you created, and change the status to something else. Click "Update" button.
5. The update can take some time (2-5 seconds), and yet you have no visual indicator that an update is happening.
6. After the update button comes back alive, observe in the highlight panel that the status has been successfully changed but the custom publisher is *still open*, and the Success message is not displayed.
7. Click on the update button again (leave the case status unchanged). Observe a Success Message displayed and the custom publisher auto-hides.
Click on "Update" button twice in order for the custom publisher to disappear and for the "Success" message to appear.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.