Spring '16 - Uploading Image via Community Builder "Rich Text" Component Results in Broken Image
Last updated 2019-01-28 ·Reference W-2908564 ·Reported By 14 users
The image added to the community using Community Builder "Rich Text" Component is not rendered on the Community page due to a broken link.
In a Communities-enabled Spring '16 org:
1. Login as administrator
2. Go to Community Builder for any community
3. Click the Page Editor icon in the left nav bar
4. From the Content section, drag the Rich Text component into the page
5. In the Property Editor on the right, click the Image icon to Upload an Image
6. Click Select an Image and select an image from your computer
7. Click Preview (upper right) to confirm it looks ok and then Publish
8. Now view the Community in normal mode (as a Community user)
Logo appears over search bar, as shown in Preview.
The image is not rendered. (Broken image icon).
Option1: Admin can click on the Source button in Rich Text Editor to edit the code to
remove the " / " before the "image" in src.
<img class="sfdcCbImage" src="/TestImage.jpg" /> ...becomes...
<img class="sfdcCbImage" src="TestImage.jpg" />
NOTE: This will show broken images in the community builder Rich Text box but will work fine in the actual community.
Option 2: Upload an image to Documents and set it as externally visible. Right-click on the image to copy its location and use it to manually compose Source code in the Rich Text component.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.