Asset Ownership is assignable to a community user (via Asset Settings changes, etc), but is not assignable to community user via UI
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-2789084 ·Reported By 5 users
Asset Owner field doesn't return Community Users, However, Community Users are valid Asset Owners via Asset Settings changes or Api.
1. Navigate to Setup - Customize - Assets - Asset Settings - and "Enable Assets Sharing".
2. Navigate to Setup - Customize - Assets - Page Layouts and make sure that "Asset Owner" is added to the layout.
3. Make sure you create a Community and have a Community User enabled.
4. Create an Asset: https://instance.salesforce.com/02i/e
5. Try to change the ownership of the newly created record into the Community User.
Actual Results: You won't find it in the lookup.
6. Alternatively, you can change the ownership via API. It will change successfully.
Ownership of Assets can be maintained via API.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.