Custom Roll-Up Summary fields don't get recalculated when changing currency conversion rates through the API
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-1540816 ·Reported By 25 users
When you change currency rates through the UI (through the Currency Rates page), it recalculates *all* currency summary fields in the org.
However, when you change currency rates through the API, or in any other way that doesn't go through CurrencyRates, currency summary fields are not recalculated.
Example repro steps - the same behavior applies for any currencies used
0. In an Org with multi-currency enabled:
1. set USD as the main currency
2. Add currency JYP with exchange rate 100
3. Create a custom object with Master-Detail relationship to Account
4. Add a currency field to the custom object
5. An Account, create a Roll-Up Summary Field to sum up the currency field.
6. Create an Account record with Currency = USD, and a child custom entity record with Currency = JPY
7. Enter 100 to the currency field on the child record ---> see the sum field on the account record becomes 1
If you change the JPY rate to 1 from the User Interface (Setup | Company Profile | Manage Currencies), the roll-up recalculates and the sum becomes 100.
However if the change on exchange rate is through API (by updating CurrencyType), the sum field on account is not updated.
1. Update currency conversion rates through the User Interface.
2. If updating currency conversion rates through the API -- after updating conversion rates go to Setup | Company Profile | Manage Currencies, click [Edit Rates], then just [Save] - this forces the currency summary fields to recalculate.
Reported By (25)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.