Winter '14: Special characters (i.e. &) are not rendered correctly in new Most Recent Tabs widget in Salesforce Console
Last updated 2014-02-13 ·Reference W-1899987 ·Reported By 0 users
Special characters like (&) are not being displayed correctly in the Recent Tabs widget in the footer of the Salesforce Console, such that if a record name includes an "&", it shows up as "&:" in the Recent Tabs widget display.
1. Setup a Salesforce Console application (for Sales or Service).
2. Enable the Recent Items widget using the steps noted below:
3. Create (or view) a record that has a special character in the name (i.e. &), for example, a value like "Dun & Bradstreet"
4. After having viewed the record, load the Salesforce Console app, and access the "most recent" widget in the footer of the console
5. Notice that the record displays as "Dun & Bradstreet", instead of the expected value of "Dun & Bradstreet"
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.