Summer 15 - “Share Article link from PKB” and other Knowledge One widget actions no longer visible post upgrade to Summer 15
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2653582 ·Reported By 5 users
Some customers who have PKB set up in their org have observed that there end users are no longer able to see the "“Share Article link from PKB” link on an article under the article widget post upgrade to Summer 15.
This happens despite the following conditions being true:
- Ensure that the article is visible in the Public Knowledge Base channel in the article's properties. See Creating and Editing Articles.
- Check to ensure that the site(s) selected to host knowledge in the knowledge settings setup section have at least read access set for desired article types via the Site's Public Access Settings. See Public Access Settings for Force.com Sites for more details on setting public access settings.
This has been confirmed to be a regression with the way the Case Article Widget behaves in the new release.
Make sure you follow the prerequisites here - https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Knowledge-One-widget-Share-an-article-as-a-URL-Email-an-article-as-a-PDF-unavailable&language=en_US
1. Go to case feed setup, and uncheck the publisher options that says "Use Page Layout Editor to Configure Actions"
2. Save, and then go to the page layout editor, and remove "Email" quick action.
3. Make sure you have at least one article that's configured to be visible in PKB.
4. Now go to a case, and try to find the article that's visible in PKB, and try to share it from PKB
5. You won't see the "Share Article link from PKB" link .
6. Now, edit the page layout again, and this time, add the Email publisher action into the page layout editor.
7. Go back to the same case and find the same article,
8. You will see the “Share Article link from PKB” link
- Go to the master Page Layout (feed-based layout enabled) and add the "Email" quick action under the "Quick Actions in the Publisher">Save
6/25/2015: This has also been identified to affect the ability to use the following article actions in the widget as well:
- Email article as a PDF
- Attach and email article with HTML
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.