At the moment, complex work within Field Service Lightning supports the following dependencies:
- Same start: The service appointments must start together.
- Start after finish: Service appointment B cannot start until service appointment A is completed.
- Same resource: The service appointments must be assigned to the same service resource.
There are more interesting dependencies possible, all with their own use case. We have a need for the following:
- Start more than x time and less than y time after finish As an extention to the current start after finish, this depenency is more versatile and can be used when for example a service appointment should start directly after the other is finished (x,y = 0) or should start 24 hours after install but no later than 1 week after.
- Start during This is required if you do a 4 hours install but somewhare during the install another technician needs to come and do some specialzed work
- Start same day which is an extention of the previous one, but than not regaring start and end time.