In early November our own John Greene (http://jgwillkickitsass.blogspot.com/) was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). He needs a bone marrow transplant to survive. In an effort to help find a donor, salesforce.com is hosting a Be The Match Marrow Registry (BTM) drive.
You could be the one to save the life of a person in desperate need, so PLEASE consider joining! The more people we get registered the greater the chance of finding a match. It's quick – a little paperwork – a cotton swab swipe of your cheek and BAM, you're done. No blood draw, no needles. You CAN do this. We NEED you to do this. Just imagine how awesome it would be to save a life.
- Location: 1 Market Street Atrium (enter the Market St. doors and walk into the lobby), San Francisco
- When: Thursday, Jan. 6, 9:00 – 1:00 pm PT Volunteers will be ready to cheek swab. No appointment needed.
- What to bring:
- Bring your driver’s license or passport to the drive.
- Bring the names, phone numbers, mailing addresses and e-mail address of two family members or friends who do not live with you. The BTM registry will contact these people only if you are identified as a potential match for a patient and they cannot reach you.
- Financial donations will be accepted. If you are unable to join the registry, please consider making a donation of any amount. All donations are tax deductible. Donations are completely voluntary. Checks can be made to: BE THE MATCH FOUNDATION or online at http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/goto/teambayarea Give checks or cash to the Be The Match Representative on the day of the marrow drive.
To join the Registry, all you need is to: