Ask Search:
Nicholas HollyNicholas Holly 

The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_Current.var because it hasn't been set or assigned.

Hello,

I've been running into an issue that for the life of me I can't figure out the issue in Process Builder. I have narrowed it down to it only triggering when the Node criteria are met and the settings are to evaluate the next criteria. In addition, the flow error only occurs when creating a case from the inquiry object, and is bypassed when doing email-to-case and web-to-case. The process seems to fail at Decision9, which is connected with myRule_10. Criteria for myRule_10 is:
AND(
    ISBLANK([Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName) ,
    NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c)),
    [Case].Hours_Case_Open__c > 24,
    OR(
        [Case].Business_Day__c  <> 'Saturday',
        [Case].Business_Day__c <> 'Sunday'
    ),
    [Case].Project__c = FALSE,
    NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c)),
    OR(
        NOT(ISPICKVAL([Case].Status, '70-Monitoring')),
        NOT(ISPICKVAL([Case].Status,'90-Closed'))
    ),
    OR(
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Support',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Audio_Video',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'IT',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Maintenance',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Systems'
    ),
    [Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c <> 'Foo Bar'
)

After reviewing Answers related to this issue, most answers mentioned to do a check for null value in the lookup field, which I included. I am still met with the flow error however. 

I can include a pastebin of the metadata for the process and additional screenshots of the process if requested.
Best Answer chosen by Nicholas Holly
Narender SinghNarender Singh
Try this:
AND(
    LEFT([Case].OwnerId,3)="005",
    ISBLANK([Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName) ,
    NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c)),
    [Case].Hours_Case_Open__c > 24,
    OR(
        [Case].Business_Day__c  <> 'Saturday',
        [Case].Business_Day__c <> 'Sunday'
    ),
    [Case].Project__c = FALSE,
    NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c)),
    OR(
        NOT(ISPICKVAL([Case].Status, '70-Monitoring')),
        NOT(ISPICKVAL([Case].Status,'90-Closed'))
    ),
    OR(
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Support',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Audio_Video',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'IT',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Maintenance',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Systems'
    ),
    [Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c <> 'Foo Bar'
)

 

All Answers

Nicholas HollyNicholas Holly
After reviewing the criteria outside of t he process box, I am able to see that there's two checks for a case owner lookup. I have removed the second check but this does not resolve the issue.
AMIT DATTAAMIT DATTA
Hi @Nicholas Holly

Can you please try to do the following. Put a check at  [Case].OwnerID and check if it starts with "005" which would mean it is user and build the formula for User. Do not put any logic like [Case].Owner:Queue inside this Block

If it starts with "00G" it means it is queue and build the logic for Queue. Do not put any logic like [Case].Owner:User inside this Block.

Please try to take small block and see if that block is working well to narrow down the error zone.

Regards,
Amit.
Narender SinghNarender Singh
Try this:
AND(
    LEFT([Case].OwnerId,3)="005",
    ISBLANK([Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName) ,
    NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c)),
    [Case].Hours_Case_Open__c > 24,
    OR(
        [Case].Business_Day__c  <> 'Saturday',
        [Case].Business_Day__c <> 'Sunday'
    ),
    [Case].Project__c = FALSE,
    NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c)),
    OR(
        NOT(ISPICKVAL([Case].Status, '70-Monitoring')),
        NOT(ISPICKVAL([Case].Status,'90-Closed'))
    ),
    OR(
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Support',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Audio_Video',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'IT',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Maintenance',
        [Case].RecordType.DeveloperName  = 'Systems'
    ),
    [Case].Owner:User.Full_Name__c <> 'Foo Bar'
)

 
This was selected as the best answer
Nicholas HollyNicholas Holly
Thank you Narender and Amit,

I removed the check for [Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName after including the check for OwnerId. This resolve the issue!