Upon sandbox refresh, all the platform event triggers do not work
Has your production been upgraded to winter 18 ?
and is your sandbox still in summer 17 ?
- If a sandbox is created/refreshed for a Production Org that has managed package installed, which contains packaged Platform Event Trigger, then the Platform Event subscriptions for such Trigger is also removed from the SB create/refresh.
- But there is no workaround to re-create such Platform Event subscriptions, as managed package Triggers cannot be recompiled via edit & save, nor does "Compile all classes" recreate the subscriptions.
- This is a severe bug with no workaround available!
- Platform Events Developer Guide Version 42.0, Spring ’18 states: "Processes / Flows / Triggers provide an autosubscription mechanism...", but this autosubscription only works for newly created or recompiled Triggers/Flows, but cannot be initiated after SB refresh for packaged component subscriptions.
- The current loss of subscriptions by default also isn't properly logged so cannot be post-processed in a standardized form after SB create/refresh for non-managed components.
- Even a repeated install of the managed package (same version, of course as in production) doesn't cure the situation – as apparently the autosubscription mechanism doesn't fire again.