How do I delete my chatter private messages?
An administrator or user with the “Manage Chatter Messages” permission can view and delete from Chatter. Users with this permission can access all users' Chatter messages via the SOAP API.
To get the “Manage Chatter Messages” permission, we've to create permission set and assign it to the profile.
Once this permission added to the profile, user can see "Chatter Messages" object in Data Loader.
NOTE: Reports will not work to get the "Chatter Message" ID. You've to use Data Loader tool to get this ID. First Export the Chatter Messages:
- Open Data Loader application and click on Export.
- Sign in using Salesforce Credentials + Security Token and check the box "Show All Salesforce Objects".
- Select "Chatter Messages" from the object list.
- Click Browse and specify the location to save the file and Click on Next.
- Click "Select All Fields" button (NOTE: To see the content of the message, select Body field).
- Click on Finish and Ok.
- Open the extracted CSV highlight only ID column.
- Copy that column and paste it in a New Excel file.
- Save this file as Comma Separated Value type (CSV).
- Open Data Loader application.
- Sign in using Salesforce Credentials + Security Token.
- Choose ‘Chatter Message’ from the list and open the newly created CSV using ‘Browse’ button.
- Click Next.
- Click ‘Create or Edit a Map’ button.
- Click ‘Auto-Match Fields to Columns’ button to match the CSV fields with fields in Salesforce.
- Click OK & click Next.
- Choose the location where you want to save Result & Error CSV files using Browse button.
- Click Finish.
I have exported the file, then tried to import it but I wasnt able to find chatter message.
I have alsto try to login using security token but I was able to do so.
Do you know what's the problem