So...I decided I would just install the new Salesforce for Outlook. That plug-in doesn't seem to blow up my Outlook but I can't get past the configuration because it gives me an error that says the target server actively refuses my login. I've tried logging in with and without security tokens, resetting security tokens, uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting after before even launching Outlook.
I've spent HOURS trying to get resolution with NOTHING.
I completely changed my entire workflow processes with Salesforce with my integration with Outlook by using tasking and synchronizing all emails and events with Salesforce. This is the WORST disaster in my years in Sales.
I've been working on this for 4 weeks.
The Salesforce for Outlook connector has also just created some issues with Outlook and does not like the plugin even with a newly installed 2010 version..
Its not a good look..