how do I delete an account?
|User Permissions Needed|
|To view accounts:||“Read” on accounts|
|To delete accounts:||“Delete” on accounts|
To delete an account, click Del next to the account on the accounts list page, or click Delete on the account detail page.
- Contracts (if they're not activated)
- Portal roles and groups (if all portal users in the account are disabled)
- Partner relationships
- Relationship group members
- Relationship group members in some cases. See Removing Members from Relationship Group Members.
- Portal roles and groups. See Using Accounts.
You can't delete an account if it has been enabled as a partner account, has associated cases, activated contracts, related opportunities that are owned by other users, or associated contacts are enabled for the Self-Service portal. In addition, if you attempt to delete an account that has closed/won opportunities owned by you, a message displays asking you whether you want to delete the closed/won opportunities along with the account or to cancel the account deletion.Note