What is the difference between Self-Service & Customer Portals?
Check out my blog for some tips on customizing the Portal.
Self-Service provides an online support channel for your customers - allowing them to resolve their inquiries without contacting a customer service representative.
- Determine which pages and fields customers see with page layouts and field-level security
- Manage customers with profiles, roles, and sharing rules
- Provide and organize documents via Salesforce CRM Content or the Documents tab
- Create a knowledge base for your customers using Salesforce Knowledge
- Allow customers to participate in Salesforce CRM Ideas communities.
- Display and collect data that is unique to your organization with custom objects
- Display custom s-controls and content from other websites via Web tabs
- Provide customized reports via the Reports tab