Timba survey for external users (using Salesforce sites)
I'm testing TimbaSurvey app in my sandbox, I've followed their tutorials and the survey is configured properly.
I'd like to send the survey to external users, so I've configured Salesforce site, from this point I'm facing a permission issue as described in the picture below:
Your assistance is appreciated.
If you are still having trouble, contact Timba Support. They are very good at getting back to you in a timley manner and can very quickly find a resolution!
BTW - I already sent an email to their support on Friday, no response until now :/
@RajeevLohani, i changed the survey status to green based on your feedback but am still getting the error message.
I also sent two emails to timba survey support and haven't heard back from them. I sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Is this the correct support email?
@Tiffany Chen: Any chance you got a reply yet?
just redid the procedures mentioned in the deck in "http://survey.altimetrik.com/installation-configuration/force-com-sites-configuration"
Follow the steps mentioned to the last word...... go through all the slides one by one.. enable permissions exactly the way they have mentioned in the slides... not a single permission extra not a single one less... All the objects they have mentioned in the site.. ensure have the permissions as mentioned in the slide...
I just accessed my survey through the sites...
Works perfectly fine!!!
Hope this helps...
Timba Survey support got back to me, asking me the version number of the app and some other details. I replied back and now am still waiting for support to get back to me.
Any other tips you can think of? Or anything else that I'm missing?
1. Once you create a sample survey using Timba Surveys app... after you save... notice the URL has a salesforce ID somewhat like this marked in bold 'https://arunr-dev-ed--timbasurveys.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/SurveyOverview?id=a0W90001236BfQhEAK'
Just after saving you will notice a Setting Icon beside a question mark on the top right hand side of the page. Click on it, ensure you mark Site configured checkbox as true and also paste the default site URL over there. In my case i pasted my Site URL (https://xyz-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/)
2. Once you have configured your site properly... copy the default URL of the site which will look somewhat like this (in my case):
3. When you try to access the Survey using sites:
Use the following URL:
the ID at the end, is the ID showed in bold in point 1.
Let me know if that works?
I followed your steps and got directed to an 'under construction' page (instead of an 'authorization required' page). I believe this is because the 'UnderConstruction' visualforce page is set as the site home page based on the slides. Should I set the home page to something else?
Thank you for all your help!
this should give you some details on creating the sharing rules. The slides show you the steps to create a sharing rule on the Contact object. In my situation, I needed to create a similar sharing rule on the Case object because that's where my survey was being triggered.
Let me know if this helps.
Do I need to create a site page? Please let me know be giving as Active Sit Home Page. It would be really helpful.
I am facing the some issue. I have couple of questions :-
1) What should be the 'Active Site Home Page' ?
2) I am getting alert message that 'sorry, you have reached your daily email limit. We have....'.
Please guide me on above issues.
You might want to open up a separate Question regarding your second bullet and provide more details.
The url you are sending them to is your site followed by the survey id. (ie yoursite.force.com/timbasurveyid=123456789 ). In theory though, someone could see the url and decide to manually go to yoursite.force.com--and if that is the case then they would get the under construction page. To ensure superior service you could always redirect that page to your main website page.
My point on my earlier comment is that the "under construction" page would not be the cause of the survey not working.
I followed the online knowledge base and did the following:
1. Created Contact object sharing rule and Case object sharing rule based on this link: http://sfproducts.altimetrik.com/entries/25501636-Surveys-emailed-to-contacts-or-leads-show-an-error-message-Survey-Link-is-Invalid-or-hang-when-the-s
2. Adjusted settings based on the Force.com Sites configuration link: http://sfproducts.altimetrik.com/entries/25384027-Step-3-Force-com-Sites-configuration
3. Confirmed that the application is properly deployed based on this link: http://sfproducts.altimetrik.com/entries/25501296-The-survey-link-redirects-me-to-an-error-page
I have also made sure that the survey collect status is set to green, and that Timba Survey configuration has both “Log Enabled” and “Site Configured” checkboxes checked, with the Site URL being the Salesforce Site URL.
Am I missing anything? Could you help me further troubleshoot to make the survey link available for external users? Any help is appreciated!
My solution was to create a custom html email template and input the link to my survey from Collection Parameters of your Timba page. Go to TimbaSurveys Tab -> Click on you Survey ->Collect ->Switch on "Collection" and "Anonymous Collection", below the "Anonymous Collection" there is a "Current Survey Link:" this is the link you need. To create a custom template go to Setup -> Email -> My Templates and create a desired email template pasting the link that was previously copied, update your workflow rule choosing the created template.
Hope this helps!
No help desk at survey.altimetrik.com
There is no help desk configured at this address.
Is the below correct for the site set up?
- site configuration: https://sites.google.com/a/altimetrik.com/timba-surveys/installation-configuration/force-com-sites-configuration
- create sharing rules on the object from which you are generating the survey
- make sure survey collect status is turned on
- make sure the link on the email template is the correct survey link
So far, I'm just trying a public url, so I might have more questions when I try an e-mail template.
For Ex: Here my cusom object name is Participants: So the Survey id will be:
In order to collect the survey, Anonymous Collection should be turned on under Timba Survey.
Try your luck!!!
These are the other threads I've found on this:
I want to send a survey via workflow related to lead, but when I click the link I get page not found error message :(.
- Sites Config with public profile settings updated
- Survey is active with settings updated for Log Enabled, Site Configured, sites url pasted
- Collect and Anonymous Collect On
- Updated email template and workflow with "custom myname.force.com/timbasurveys__survey?id=0123456489&lid=9999999999&wf=yes"
- All my settings are Public Read/Write
- My Site is Active
- Contact Sharing: Created Contact object sharing rule and Case object sharing rule based on this link: http://sfproducts.altimetrik.com/entries/25501636-Surveys-emailed-to-contacts-or-leads-show-an-error-message-Survey-Link-is-Invalid-or-hang-when-the-s
- Sites Configuration: Adjusted settings based on the Force.com Sites configuration link: http://sfproducts.altimetrik.com/entries/25384027-Step-3-Force-com-Sites-configuration
- TimbaSurveys Deployment: Confirmed that the application is properly deployed based on this link: http://sfproducts.altimetrik.com/entries/25501296-The-survey-link-redirects-me-to-an-error-page
- Collections turned on: Made sure that the survey collect status is set to green, and that Timba Survey configuration has both “Log Enabled” and “Site Configured” checkboxes checked, with the Site URL being the Salesforce Site URL.
- Email customization: Customize my email to be an HTML one as per the second half of http://sfproducts.altimetrik.com/entries/25725113-How-to-edit-email-templates
- No Workflow: I am not using workflow; I'm sending to users directly through the Timba Survey's collection page.
- TimbaSurveys version: I am using TimbaSurveys version 7.69; I'm using Salesforce Enterprise
- SF Customer Portal: I DO NOT have customer portal set up. Salesforce has discontinued them with the summer '13 release (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customer_portal_setting_up.htm&language=en_US), and while we have the functionality, we never enabled them.
The URL the user is being directed to looks correct (I am using a custom URL and a path for the surveys):
http://my-site.force.com/survey/timbasurveys__survey?cId=<confirmed SF ID for the contact>&id=<confirmed SF ID for the survey>
but, the page displayed is the "not enough access" message as show in the first note in this thread.
I'm about to give up and use a different tool. Did anyone have success?
@laura paglione -
I had this problem and it ended up being a really simple fix when sending out the suvey. You have to make sure you check that they are allowed to answer. Its a simple toggle. Hope that solves it for you too!
Has anyone run into the survey not associating with the Opportunity? I followed their setup for inviting from an Opportunity, but when we finish the survey it only attaches to the Contact. Additionally, when submitting the survey the first time we submit we get an unexpected error. Once we submit again the survey completes, but again it is only associated with the Contact record that was passed. This is the URL for the survey setup as described in the Timba How To section on their site.
Thanks for any help.
I did the following:
1. created a community.
2. configured necessary permissions for all the cases and the timbe survey related components to all the users.
3. Created the survey..
4. congigured the site in the survey and turned on the collections.
I don't see an option to enable "Allowed to answer the survey". I am not sure if it has to enabled at the survey level or at the profile level. Any help is appreciated.
I just wanted to know, did you get the error even you tried to fill the survey for the first time? You may have to check the collection part of the survey.
The only I was able to do is: I could create a survey is through filling a survey on behalf of a contact or lead by clicking on the Phone icon.
I switched to GetFeedback. It works great. We were up and rolling with surveys in no time. This app automatically reformats for mobile devices too. I can launch a new survey in minutes. In a fraction of the time I spent trying to troublehsoot one Timba issue, I lunched an entire new survey program. Thier support is hyper responsive too.