How do I import leads and info from excel spreadsheet
Using the Lead Import Wizard
- Prepare your list of names according to the specifications described in Field Mapping for Importing Leads.
- Click the Manage Members drop-down button and select Add Members - Import File on the detail page of the campaign you want to update.
- Click Import Leads.
- Click Browse and choose your import file.
- Select a lead source.
- Select an assignment rule to assign the leads.
- Optionally choose to use assignment rule settings to notify the new record owners.
- Select the default member status for leads with blank or invalid statuses.
- Select the character encoding of your import file. Most users do not need to change the default setting.
- Optionally choose to trigger workflow rules for new and updated records.
- Optionally choose to trigger workflow rules for new campaign members. This is only available if you activated the New Campaign Member Creation Behavior.
- Click Next.
- Map the Salesforce fields to the fields in your import file, then click Next.
- Map the Salesforce campaign member status field and any campaign member custom fields to your import file, then click Next. This is only available if you have campaign member custom fields and you activated the New Campaign Member Creation Behavior.
- Click Import Now!
SimpleImport is an application on the Salesforce AppExchange that allows Excel files to be easily imported - all from within Salesforce, so no software needs to be downloaded.
SimpleImport will also automatically understand which columns are associated with each part of the object. For example a 'Country' column within the spreadsheet will automatically be associated with the Country field within Salesforce, saving you time. With its clean and simple user interface SimpleImport is the best option for importing files.
Visit the AppExchange listing for SimpleImport here
Hope this helps,
The original question and answers were posted well over a year ago and reflected the information available at the time.
Since then the Import Help has been updated =>
Importing Data Quick Start
Keep in mind that this is a customer forum made of SFDC users, admin, developers, etc. We don't work for Salesforce, and it's not our job to go through the thousands of previous posts and update them.
Which edition of SFDC are you using? Can you posyt a screenshot of the Import Wizard that you're selecting and where you are seeing these imported Leads as "Contacts"?