How do i add an item to a picklist?
Now click on 'New' button to add new picklist values.
|Available in: All Editions
Standard Objects are not available in Database.com
|User Permissions Needed|
|To change picklists:||“Customize Application”|
To update any standard or custom picklist field:
- Navigate to the fields page for your object. For example, for account fields, click
For custom objects, click, then click the name of an object. .
- Click the name of the picklist you want to update.
- In the Picklist Values section, click Edit next to a value.
- In the Picklist Edit page, you can change the name of the value and make the value the default for the master picklist. You can also assign a color for use in charts by clicking the button. To assign a color dynamically when a chart is generated, click Assign color dynamically. Note
Chart colors aren't available for multi-select picklists, currency picklists, or Task Subject, Event Subject, and Opportunity Competitor picklists.Tip
- Some special picklists, such as Task Priority, Stage, or Partner Role, have additional information that you can edit.
- If you use record types, changing the default value of the master picklist does not affect the default value of the picklist for a record type.
- For Salesforce CRM Ideas, setting the default value of the Categories or Status picklists does not affect the default value on the Salesforce CRM Ideas pages.
- If you change the label for a picklist value that is used as a filter criteria on a report, the picklist value is automatically removed from the filter criteria. For example, if your report contains a filter where Lead Source equals Email or Web and you change the picklist value Web to Referral, your report filter will change to Lead Source equals Email. If the changed picklist value was the only value specified for a particular filter, it will continue to show up in your report filters, but an error will display on the report wizard.
- Click Save.