To create the master-detail relationship field to relate custom object with the account object
- From Setup, enter Objects in the Quick Find box, then select custom object
- Click Review.
- In the Custom Fields & Relationships related list, click New.
- Select Master-Detail Relationship, and click Next.
- In the Related To drop-down list, choose account, and click Next.
- Click in the Field Name text box and enter the field name ----.
- Select the Read/Write radio button.
- Check Child records can be reparented to other parent records after they are created if you want to be able to change the relationship field’s value. If you leave this box unchecked, you can’t change the value in the future.
- Click Next.
- Accept the defaults in the remaining three steps of the wizard.
- Click Save.
The issue i'm running into is that i'll have an opportunity with products, and that opportunity's stage gets updated to Closed - Booked... Because the Opportunity products were added prior to the Opportunity stage being updated, the process is not triggering. If after closing an opportunity i go into the products, make a change and hit save, then it runs just fine.
How do I get the Process to run on the Opportunity stage change?
Annual Revenue field reads: $15,453. What's the formula behind this field?
Could not find PricebookEntry with the Name of 'MTT'. But I did import data to PricebookEntry sucessfully early on. SELECT productcode FROM PricebookEntry shows all three productcode in the object. I'm confused. Does anyone have any ideas? The mapping used was:
Opportunity Name - Opportunity ID (Lookup via Name)
ProductCode - Price Book Entry ID (Lookup via Adventure Name)
Explorer - Explorer (Lookup via Full Name)
I'm having a strange issue that changes the account currency (standard field) to the running user's currency anytime we have a managed package (D&B Hoovers) fill in the annual revenue field.
I don't know why this is happening and I've been back and forth on the issue with both SFDC and D&B Support... everyone keeps passing the buck and saying it's the other's issue.
ANYWAYS, I'm trying to set up a Workflow rule to change the account currency to match the Billing Country currency (when they don't match) but I don't see "Account Curreny on the list of field available for update:
Does anyone have any suggestions?
You can't reference the standard CurrencyIsoCode field on any object with workflows. You apparently can do it with process builder, although I heard from several people that while you can reference it, it still wouldn't update. But at least you can try it.
You definitely can change the currency using a trigger.
Thank you to those of you who take the time to respond!
The Sales Path guidance labels on the top are deriving their names from the Lead Status picklist values on the Lead Object. As far as I know, the only way to change those labels would be to change the picklist value labels in the Lead Status field.
If the Untouched > Pursuing > Qualified > Unqualified stages represent the status of a Lead throughout its lifetime, then why not change the Lead status picklist items to reflect the same?
Your Name | Setup | Customize | Contacts | Fields | "New" button next to "Custom Fields and Relationships"
Please mark this answer as the best answer if it resolved your issue. Thanks
Create roll-up summary fields on:
- Any custom object that is on the master side of a master-detail relationship
- Any standard object that is on the master side of a master-detail relationship with a custom object
- Opportunities using the values of opportunity products related to the opportunity
- Accounts using the values of related opportunities
- Campaigns using campaign member status or the values of campaign member custom fields