I'm building out a set of e-mails events. The series includes a confirmation, reminder, and thank you email. I also need the ability to include an event update / cancellation email.
I know this is something that isn't doable with ET's Programs, or Automation studio and am unsure if this could be accomplished with Triggered Sends. Would Journey Builder be able to accomodate a campaign such as this, or would the update / cancellation messages be manual sends only?
I want to get notified whenever the release is happening.I believe the next release is spring for that I need to be intimidated before and for the consecutive release. Is there a way to do this.
Also, the calendar at https://trust.salesforce.com/trust/calendar will show you the upcoming releases. Looks like Jan 9 and 16 for some instances, and then Feb 6, 12 and 13 for the rest.
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Invalid Contact"),
Is there an easy way to automatically populate the contact of an opportunity with its Account's contact.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Here a similar process to guide you on the flow, components, names ect familiarize you a bit on it
What you need to make sure within the account you have the 'main contact' value stored, for example a lookup field to contact. You can automate that too.
Have a look and a go and let us know.
Flows sound scarier than they actually are, is a super powerful tool!
Directly it's not possible you can use the same username for both instances. But using single sign on you can login once in the org and access another org as well without login again. Please follow the below link -
Please mark it as "Best Answer" right below the comment if it gives you an idea regarding your solution so that it will help others if they have similar issues in future.
Actuall the names of 201 and 401 were courses names not certifications.
Salesforce University made this very useful 'Certification' paths and takes you not only throught the different certifications and options but as well plenty of reference of useful resources: https://www.salesforce.com/form/services-training/certification-journey-ebook.jsp
I think the questions here should be: what do you enjoy the most? where do you see/want to see you self in 1-3 years? what makes you unique? then use that as guidance.
For the sounds of it, more of a technical consultant path may be appropiate. start on Admin then crack on with Consultant certificates.
If you have a skill and insterest in programatic side of things then developer 1, 2 etc up to Architect. (but I don't think is the case here)
Salesforce as doesnt have legacy systems their investments goes to innovation. All config and declarative is supported, upgraded, invested, evolved, mantained, extended... Learning & mastering these tools has a quick and high vaue for any organization.
In terms of the retired certificate 'Developer' (that has a course available module called 401), was divided in 2
- App builder, is based on declarative
- Developer 1, programatic
I thoroughly enjoyed preparing for the App builder, many 'gotcha' questions that only practice can teach. But do keep in mind something which I didnt realize:
If you have the Admin, you must past 3 maintenance exams a year (one per release). If you have any consultant path, keeps the same amount of maintenance exams (3 only per year)
Once I've got the App builder, as its technically a different path, my maintenance exams doubled.
Worth mentioning ;)
Hope all this helps and let us know if you need some more guidance. Best,
We have a simple journey and we want it fires when a customer submits a smart capture.
We had done everything documentation and forums says but it doesn't start by itself.
How to fire an event (http://help.exacttarget.com/en/documentation/journey_builder/how_to_fire_an_event/)
Journey Builder is not starting (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/44427/journey-builder-is-not-starting)
Firing Events in Journey Builder (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/60409/firing-events-in-journey-builder)
The only way to start it is by running manually an automation with a fire event when data is recorded in data extension, but we can't have this manual operation.
- We have a data extension: FistName, Cellphone, Email (As subscriber key)
- Data extension is created as Population (1:1) in Contact Builder and Email field is linked with Contact Key.
- Data extension is Set as Root and Email field is added in Channel Address Order.
- We have a Entry Event associated to this Data extension (we have tried with Contact Data Entry Event and CloudPages Form Submit Entry Event because it's suppose these are Real Time entry events).
- We had tried setting in Journey and Entry Events "Email is not null" as filter criteria; also not filtering with any criteria.
- Doing all this journey is not firing when customer submit form. So we had to create an automation with a Fire Event. Still it is not working, except when we run this automation manually.
What else can we do to fire this journey without manual operation and without API?
1. Go to Cloud Pages> Feria Journey collection
2. Delete the pages you have in the content
3. Create a new landing page with classic smart capture content
4. Select Feria Journey as the target data extension
5. Be sure to give this form a unique name
6. Publish this new page
7. Go to the journey and create a new version
8. Create a new entry event from the cloudpages entry event source
9. Select your new smartcapture form from the list
10. Save and activate your journey once you have configured it
11. Submit a form on the smart capture
Hope this was helpful!
From personal experience and experience of fellow exam takers, I can speculate that the questions pertaining to Winter 16' release will be few. However, I would certainly skim through the release notes for a day or two and then sit for the exam.
If it's just going through the release notes (and not doing anything hands-on), I wouldn't spend more than a couple of days but if you are more comfortable trying out a few things in a developer org, I would give it a week or two. I have always gone through the release notes only in theory and that has worked quite well for me so far.