Does anyone know how to add opportunity history fields to an existing dataflow?
The "Duration" field is created from a compute Expression in the dataflow.
If you have Sales App dashboards enabled, you can refer to it's dataflow to find the compute Expression which creates the field Duration. The basic algorithm for it is:
- Sort Opportunity History by ID & Created Date
- Create 2 Date Fields using a Compute Relative node:
- "Valid From" which is current() of Created Date
- "Valid To" which is next() of Current Date
- Create "Duration" uisng a Compute Expression node as date difference between Valid From and Valid To (if both are populated), or Valid From and now (if Valid To is null or set to a default value)
You could add a Default Date value to the Start Date field. So all the quotes that previously had a blank value will be grouped under the Default Date.
To add a default date (like 12/31/9999), you could use the dataflow:
Let me know if this works.
Has anyone experienced this before? I am very confused...
Error message: The dataflow was completed, but augment node performed a LookupMultiValue augment operation on a date field, which can give unexpected results. We recommend that you set this node to LookupSingleValue, or move the %s field to a separate LookupSingleValue augment node.
The error would have occured in an Augment node in which the right and left keys is a Date field.
You can change the Operation paramater on the Augment node in the dataflow to "Look Up Single Value". Please find below:
You can find more information on this topic here: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=bi_integrate_augment_operation.htm&type=0
If the error persists or if you see inconsistencies in your data, you might want to augment based on an ID field instead of a Date field.
There are 2 parameters that can be set in the dataflow to control Fiscal Date.
- fiscalMonthOffset: Determines the first month of the fiscal year. Example: If your fiscal year begins in April, set fiscalMonthOffset to '3'.
- isYearEndFiscalYear: Indicates whether the fiscal year is the year in which the fiscal year ends or begins.
These parameters can be set in 2 ways:
1. Through the actual Dataflow JSON: You could download the JSON from the Dataflow Manager and add the code for the necessary Date Field and then upload the new JSON.
2. Through the Dataflow UI Editor: Edit the Dataflow, select the node and the Date field to be modified and then set the parameters.
I hope this answers your question.
Freee Trial Period of salesforce is 30 days.
I can't use a compare table since there is typically a delay between opportunity creation and trial occuring (group by won't work). I assume there is some easy way to combine these two tables into one but I can't figure it out.
One way to do it is to give the same name to the Date projection in queries for both tables. We could then group by that common Date field after unioning the two streams. Please find below an example:
- Query 1 (Stream q) emits 'count' and 'Common_Date'
- Query 2 (Stream r) emits 'Revenue' and 'Common_Date'.
- Query 3 (Stream s: union of q and r) emits 'Common_Date', 'count' and 'Revenue'.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questons.
Analytics: How do I remove incremental option from a replication? I cannot see any of my replications in dataflows
You can set the Incremental Parameter option in the UI for the dataflow. Please see below screenshot.
When you run the dataflow, if replication is enabled, a job is run for each object for which replication is enabled. Once done, the actual dataflow runs and in turn updates the datasets.
To do a full extract instead of incremental replication, you could go to the Setup tab in Data Manager, run replication and select Run with full Extract.
Hope all this helps.