In the Process Builder have criteria to check if the Leads upon creation/edit was assigned to a specific Queue, then sending email.
In the case if the lead owner is Queue, the process does not give any errors.
However if later the user changes Lead Owner from Queue to a regular User, getting this error message:
"The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Owner:Queue.DeveloperName because it hasn't been set or assigned."
Have already excluded the following:
However the error is still there.
Please see the image:
How could I exclude the users with roles in that division from that validation rule?
Here is what I've tried so far...
ISBLANK( AccountNumber ),
$UserRole.Id <> "IDMSalesManager, $UserRole.ID <> IDMSales"
btw - I would also include SysAdmin in the exemption
ISBLANK( AccountNumber ),
$UserRole.Name <> "VPSalesIDMInsideEnterprise",
$UserRole.Name <> "EnterpriseSales",
$UserRole.Name <> "IDMSalesManager",
$UserRole.Name <> "IDM_Sales_Lead",
$UserRole.Name <> "IDMSales")
I would like to add a button to the Activity History related list, such that when the button is clicked, it opens the "Send an Email" standard page, but it prepopulates the To, or Additional To, with the email address of all the non-blank 10 User fields.
I assume this is a URL hack, of which I have done a few, but would love some guidance.
- Is it feasible to do this using URL hack?
- if so, would you have some URL hack button code that I could start with?
All help appreciated.
Here is some more information on creating URL buttons:
Right clicking on the field in your browser and clicking 'Inspect Element' is usually the quickest way to build these types of buttons.
Also, note that to add the custom button to the Related List make sure you have created is as "List Button". Then go to the Activities History related list, click the wrench to edit, then scroll to the bottom for buttons.
I have a custom object called Project Task Assignment. In that object, I have a custom field called Status (picklist). A request has come in to set up a workflow rule that will email a team when a user modifies the Status field and changes the following values to something else:
- Awaiting Assets
- On Hold
- In QA
I'm creating a formula that will be evaluated to determine when an email alert goes out, and I'm trying to determine if I should be using PRIORVALUE or ISCHANGED, and how the formula might look?
hence I was looking for alternative preparation resources.
Below are the two resources which seemed to be quite helpful.
Suggested by the agile cloud consulting blog(for practicing of skills acquired in trailheads):
Salesforce Study guide - https://na1.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/sf.pdf
It would be great if you guys can provide your views on the relevance of this material.
Further, it would be really helpful if you could recommend any study resource which would fulfill the purpose of consolidating my preparation for the admin examination.
You really don't need to sit for the classroom trainings, well surely, unless you can afford them!
I would advise the below:
- The workbooks that you have mentioned are great to get deeper understanding of their respective subjects. I advice that you performa all the exercices in these workbooks.
- The guide: https://na1.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/sf.pdf is not the study guide, but in fact the WHOLE Salesforce user guide. It contains around 6000 pages of documentation. You can look at it as the whole Help documentation. It is surely very handy to refer to, but surely not needed as a whole for the Admin exam.
- First thing: Get the official Study Guide: http://certification.salesforce.com/SG_CertifiedAdministrator.pdf
- Get 1 or more free Developer orgs: https://developer.salesforce.com/signup
- Check this Free Udacity course by Salesforce: Intro to Point & Click App Development: https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-point-click-app-development--ud162
- Make sure you get EACH concept of the study guide. For example, open the Study Gudie, and randomly select a topic, read it, and try to explain it to yourself. Like, Security: what is a Profile, Role? What is Permission Set? If in doubt, you gotta get back again to this topic to make sure you get it 100%.
- Check out these flash cards:
- Check out this page, it contains some good quizes: http://sfdcstudy.org/adm-201-certification/
- Finally, I left my whole Admin notes here: http://sfdcnotes.com/admin-0-introduction/ They are sorted out as per the Study Guide above. I get back to them when in doubt! You may check them.
- Feel free to PM me. I have tons of private resources!
Let me know if this helps!
Error: AccountAfterInsert: execution of AfterUpdate
Your 30-day trial instance is based on Professional Edition. Apex and Workflow are not enabled in Professional Edition. Take a look at the feature comparison matrix here:
So create the full DE org as suggested.
If this suggestion seems relevant then please mark it as "Best Answer" right under the comment. This will help others if they should have a similar issue in the future.
I am slowly attempting to integrate / migrate all the information from various reports outside of Salesforce into it to create a more fluid experience. I have a few i am stuck on and was hoping someone could help?
At the moment i run a quarterly excel sheet with expenses against clients and grouped under accounts. I am wondering if there is some way to add an expenses field against a contact and then to be able to summarise that field in the overall account and then possibly report on that FQ / FY? Also i could then run reports against new clients, existing clients, leads etc etc.
Another report that i run is a "forward order" report. This shows total project value against projects that we have won, then the estimated "turnover" each month over the contract length. Would there be anyway to have a field which took total project value / contract length and then some how i could create a report on this showing the overall turnover each month?
Not too sure if these are possible but i would like to ideally use Salesforce as much as possible so if this can be done, it would be a big help.
Many thanks in advance!
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(CONTAINS(TEXT(StageName), 'Closed Won')))
Thanks so much!
Give this a try
CONTAINS(TEXT(PRIORVALUE(StageName)), 'Closed Won')