Unfortunately, you can not customize the recent item..but there is a workaround.
Step 1 : Create a home page component and use this query within the controller and
SELECT Id, Name FROM RecentlyViewed WHERE Type IN ('Account') ORDER BY LastViewedDate DESC
display the account name in the homepage component.
Go to homepage layout and remove the standard recent item option.
Step 3: Select the newly created component
Specify the custom component location within the homepage.
I need a formula that will correctly calculate the number of months between two dates, assuming that any days less than 1 month would count as 1.
For the following date fields, it should return:
Contract Start Date: 6/1/2015
Contract End Date: 5/31/2016
Contract Start Date: 2/12/2015
Contract End Date: 2/11/2020
Contract Start Date: 7/1/2015
Contract End Date: 7/15/2015
I've tried several formulas I've seen posted here in the success community, with varying degrees of success. None give me what I'm looking for for all of the scenarios above - I either get 11 months for the 1 year contract, or 59 months for the 5 year. Please help! Thanks!
Ok a basic question on assignment rules.
If you use an assignment rule while creating a lead (whether its created manually, through import wizard, or other tool), every subsequent time you edit anything on the lead, it triggers the assignment rule again? Forever? And if you create lead without an assignment rule, it will never use an assignment rule on it? Ever?
How does salesforce keep track of the ones created with assignment rules in order to remember to run the assignment rule again for every subsequent update? I don't see a field on the Lead object where that information might be stored?
Lead assignment rules run differently based on how the lead is created.
1. Lead import wizards - you get to chose which assingment rule to use, or NONE
2. Through other tools - it will depend on how they are written, but most in my experience cause lead assignment to apply
3. Manually created through the 'New' button on the user interface - this will depend on the page layout properties. On the properties you can chose if the Lead Assignmen Checkbox should be disaplayed for users to select whether to apply lead assingment rules and whether it should be checked by default. So you can make it always apply, never apply or leave it up to the user
When leads are edited it is only governed by the page layout properties, but will behave differently for full edit and in-line edits.
1. Full edit - works like a new lead as the checkbox might be visible and then the user can choose, or its always on or always off.
2. Inline edit - the user will never get the option to chose the behaviour as there is nowhere to see the checkbox. So it may will be that the lead assingment rules run everytime a lead is edited inline.
Finallyyou can setup the lead assingment rule NOT to change the owner based on criteria - so its possible to have a rule that will not assing existing leads, or leads in a certain status and so on. So even if you have setup the page properties to always run the assingment rules you can control when they will apply.
Hope that helps...
I'm trying to create a Lookup Rollup summary to coun the number of Opportunities related to a Contact which are not yet confirmed, created this year, at a specific venue and only for specific events. The formula was calculating correctly until I then needed to only include records where the "SG Event Name" value contains "NYE" or "New Years Eve"
I expressed it as per below but it is not calculating correctly so the error must be in the last section. Can anyone offer any tips?
Also, I next need to create a formula to EXCLUDE records where this is the case, so essentially I need records where the SG Event Name DOES NOT CONTAIN "NYE" or "New Year". How would I express DOES NOT CONTAIN in this instance?
RecordType.Name='Shared Christmas Party' AND StageName!='Confirmed - Closed Won' AND CreatedDate= THIS_YEAR AND Venue__c='Battersea Evolution' AND Other_Event__r.Name LIKE '%New Year%' AND Other_Event__r.Name LIKE '%NYE%'
RecordType.Name='Shared Christmas Party' AND StageName!='Confirmed - Closed Won' AND CreatedDate= THIS_YEAR AND Venue__c='Battersea Evolution' AND (NOT Other_Event__r.Name LIKE '%New Year%' AND NOT Other_Event__r.Name LIKE '%NYE%')
Do you guys know of a way to just create pure sandbox users without matching what's in production?
I would like to have the Files functionality in Lightning, but I understand that I have to create/manage the libraries available there from the Classic UI.
I found the Salesforce Files Settings and enabled Libraries in Salesforce Files under General Settings.
Under Salesforce CRM Content, I clicked "Enable Salesforce CRM Content".
I have NOT found "Content Permissions" described in the SFDC Documentation or the "Manage Salesforce CRM Content" and the "Add LIbrary Permissions" described there. Guessing that it's outdated, but no updated documentation seems to exist.
So, I would like help to set up libraries to work in the Lightning Files tab. Right now, I've got "Assets" by default, which I'd like to remove or rename.
We have 3 fields on the account level that, based on what is or isn't in those fields, we'd like to return the value of "Paying" or "Canceled". Could someone please help me with the formula to get it to work as follows:
If the Churn date field is not blank and the Status ID field is not blank, return the value of 'paying.' OR, if the parent ID field is not blank (and regardless of what is in the churn or Status ID fields), return the value of paying. For everything else, label it as "Cancelled"
I currently have this formula which works for the first scenario, but I can't figure out how to insert the piece regarding the parent ID not being blank to return the value of 'paying.'
IF( ISNULL(Churn_Date__c) && NOT(ISBLANK(Status_ID__c)),"Paying","Canceled")
I am logged on as an administrator and am trying to run a custom report on Contacts related to a Custom Object. There are multiple number fields in the object which I was able to report on yesterday, but all of the fields I have created today do not appear in the Available Fields in the custom report now. They are configured in exactly the same way as previous number fields, I have access to them in the Field Level settings and there are no Sharing restrictions in place in this App. I also have access to the Record types through my profile.
I can even see and edit the fields in the custom object but am then not able to report on those edits.
What you need to do is go back into the custom report type, you'll need to add the fields you created since creating the custom report type to be available in the report type.
WHY on earth this is not something to choose during field creation I have no idea, but that's what is happening.
here's a link to more details- it's talking more in terms of the old report builder but you'll get the idea of what to do:
Good luck! And don't feel bad, I was ready to scream until I figured this out!
However the way I wrote it, it is returning a zero if another picklist value is selected, and I'd like it to return nothing/remain blank.
CASE(TEXT(Feedback_Type__c), "Weekly Summary", IF(CEILING((Feedback_Effective_Date__c - DATE(YEAR(Feedback_Effective_Date__c), 1, 1) + 1) / 7) > 52, 52, CEILING((Feedback_Effective_Date__c - DATE(YEAR(Feedback_Effective_Date__c), 1, 1) + 1) / 7) ),0)If I replace the <, 0> above with <, " ">, I get a syntax error, which makes sense (I think?):
Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'CASE()'. Expected Number, received Text
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Is this possible?
Below are the steps to create master detail lookup:-
- Click on setup and search objects. Click on the objects link.
- All of the custom objects will be shown there. You need to click on the custom object which you have created for this requirement. Lets say Opportunity Relation object which i have assumed on my answer.
- Click on the New button in the Custom Fields & Relationships area.
- Click on the Master Detail relationship radio box and hit on next button as shown below.
- After hitting next button select a value in Related To field. Select Account in the dropdown field and hit next.
- Provide some name in Field Name text box lets say Account and hit next button.
- Again hit next in step 4 and step 5.
- In last step i.e. step-6 hit save.
- Your master detail field on Account will be created.
- Do the above steps again and select Opportunity in step-2. Then your master detail field on Opportunity will be created.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if you have any doubt. If you liked my answers please mark it as the best answer. Thanks!!