That serie of videos named: WHO SEES WHAT is excelent:
And the next on line courses:
Online course: Administration Essentials for New Admins and Administration Essentials for the
Other helpful resources:
Online course: Analyze Your Data with Reports
Online course: Configure Salesforce with Custom Fields
Online course: Customizing Profiles to Align with Your Business Needs
Online course: Getting a Head Start with Chatter
Online course: Getting Started with Managing Data
Online course: Managing Users and Troubleshooting Login Issues
Online course: Summarize Your Data with Dashboards
How do you configure Enhanced Look-ups to work with both standard and custom fields in Professional Edition?
So I went to Set-up->Build->Search->Search Setting and turned on "Enhanced Lookups" and "Lookup Auto-Completions" for all possible objects. (Accounts, Asset, etc) Then, I went to Set-up->Build->Customize->Opportunies->Search Layouts. Then I get a page that lists "Search Results, Lookup Dialogs, Lookup Phone Dialogs etc.) How do I configure the "Partner Rep" field to search based on the contact field? I don't know how to configure the options available at this screen and when I click "View Example," it says the URL no longer exists.
Can someone please explain in detail how to configure enhanced look-ups for standard and custom fields? Or should I be using another feature? Please keep in mind that I have Professional Edition.
It keeps telling me incorrect date format and I can't find it in the help.
I should be able to have a dynamic date range, correct?
Last Activity equals "LAST 180 DAYS"
Seach for "Special Date Values for Filter Criteria" in help.
We just refreshed our sandbox, and now it's gone. I'm not sure how to get it back, and if that was a custom thing we did ourselves? Do other people have that in their sandbox environment?
I am planing to give ADM201 Exam within this week.
As preparation alone not sufficient for the exam I need MOCK exam papers for ADM201 which will help me to clear this exam.
If you have MOCK Exam papers for ADM201, please provide me.
How do I create a report that shows all account activity (open and activity history) and shows opportunities won and includes that information?
The reason I mentioned the Activities is that if you can get it sorted out, you won't even need the join report anymore and you can just report on Opportunities with Activities as a single report type
What would be the thought process to address this? Evaluation against some sort of Salesforce feature list, just doesn't seem right. And if he is not using Workflow, it doesn't really mean he has to.
- What other systems do you have that people are using on a regular basis?
- Understand what they do, ask questions, ask if there is an appetite to replace them
- What are the issues that your business is dealing with on a daily basis?
- I find the hardest part is getting customers away from "requirements" and into solving problems instead. Solve a problem and you will be a hero. Meet requirements and you've done what was asked, but no doubt they are frustrated you couldn't meet all of them
- What would you like to be able to report on?
- Salesforce isn't perfect for reporting but it does a few pieces really well: reporting in real time, and the ability to quickly change reports and fields as needed. You don't need to change the ETL to add a new field, and you don't need to wait for the nightly ETL job to run
- The problem is that many companies make SFDC reporting limitations even worse by ignoring best practices. Figuring out what they want, and finding something that is reasonable, and also sustainable long term, gives you a lot of gains as well
I'm creating a validation rule to enforce that an Account is added to a support Case. However, there are some scenarios where it's just not possible to add an Account, so instead I have a checkbox for 'No Account in Salesforce' and the validation rule will fire if this isn't checked and no Account is entered.
Anyway, it's not a great user experience because the validation error only shows up once all the required fields are entered. So a user might miss a few required fields, they'll ge the error for that and fix them but only after that will they get the error message for Validation rules. Is there any way to display this message along with the required fields?
Point 2 explains that -  Required Fields first and then the  User-Defined Validation Rules.