Per a user, "With it enabled I am getting extreme lag when sending messages specifically when inbox loads after I hit refresh and then again when trying to log them. Not getting a specific error, but my gmail page was freezing before and unresponsive so I would have to kill the page to continue."
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?
Good call! I actually submitted a case and spoke with someone. I'll share details here. Hope it helps everyone. See below.
As discussed, we have a Known Issue for this one and as of this time, the issue is now fixed for all Salesforce instances:
Salesforce Inbox causes delay when loading Gmail records in chrome 72.0.3626.81
Moving forward, if you wanted to move to Salesforce extension (new extension), kindly ask for your admin to follow the steps in the article below:
Move Sales Reps to the Gmail Integration with Inbox from Legacy Salesforce Inbox
Once the steps abovehas been performed by your admin, your users can now download and start using the extension accordingly. Below is the link of the extension:
While trying to "Sign up for a Developer Edition Org" using the url below, I'm getting the popup error:
"Signup failed due to internal error. Please contact your system administrator."
And I get an email with the following content:
Subject: Registration Error: sign up template unavailable
Body: We were unable to complete your request at this time because Salesforce is currently upgrading the template used to sign up your organization. Please try again soon.
Any ideas? I can't create the org.
The explanation that I got is that salesforce was running at that point un update to the platform in the background that was causing my error.
Concluding, it seemed like it was a matter of time for it to start working again as I did not do anything different.
Your email wasn't delivered. See attached.
You're getting this message because you turned on Bounce Management and selected Return bounced emails to sender."
Has anybody received a Bounce email from Salesforce even when the email was in fact delivered? I also requested an Email Log and was able to again confirm that the email was delivered.
This issue is caused by Spring 19 feature that is detailed here: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring19/release-notes/rn_sales_productivity_email_bounce_attachment.htm
To work around this we turned off the option "Return bounced emails to sender" In Setup -> Deliverability
This option, when an email bounces, will be captured by Salesforce and sent back to the original sender. In our case that was our Email-To-Case email address so every bounce generated a case.
Hopefully this resolves the issue for others.
This may be a stupid question and I'm pretty sure the answer is "No", but I wanted to double-check just in case.
Now that Oracle is going to start requiring paid licenses to use the latest versions of Java, our company is looking to discontinue both support and use of it. Our intent is to mass-uninstall Java from our employees' devices, but we are trying to take stock of what applications we use that still rely on Java to work properly.
Does Salesforce require a Java installation to work properly? I've never seen any Java-related messages appear, nor any Java-related loading screens, nor any requirements to update it outside of our regular update prompts, so I'm assuming the answer is no.
Thank you for any insight you can provide!
Salesforce is Cloud based platform and as it is cloud based it does not require Java locally. You can access Salesforce from Browser like Internet Explorer , Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Below document listed Salesforce Requirement :
So now our Self-Signed Certificate is apparently expiring and I have NO IDEA what that means. Any googling of this quickly gets into going-over-my-head territory. Can someone please explain what I have to do and what is in danger of happening if I don't do it? Here's the message:
You have one or more certificates in your Salesforce org Tin Roof Global 00D6100000084nr that will expire soon. Review the list below and visit Certificate and Key Management from Setup to make an update.
I have gone to Certificate and Key Management and have downloaded the .crt file but am really unsure what I am supposed to do with it!
Thanks in adavance
There are few places where a sefl-signed certificate could be used.
1. Identify Provider - If you are using SFDC as IDP for Single Sign On. You can find it under Setup >> Administer >> Security Controls >> Identity Provider.
2. Single Sign-On Settings - If you are using SFDC as Consumer for Single Sign On. You can find it under Setup >> Administer >> Security Controls >> Single Sign-On Settings.
If your certificate is used in one of the above places, it is quite intuitive to edit this screen and replace the certificate.
3. Installed Packages / Connected Apps.
Some of the third party apps could use your Self-Signed Certificates (Environment Hub is an example).
You can look at them in Setup >> Build >> Installed Packages
I suggest you go through them one at time and find out if they use your certificate.
Connected Apps will be same procedure as above. But you will find the connected apps under Setup >> Manage Apps >> Connected Apps.
Hope this helps.
Each step will be a little more in-depth than the brief summary below, but I've included links to docs, videos or knowledge articles where possible and I'd be happy to take any follow-up questions you may have. Here goes..!
1) Create two record types. Name them what you like but in my example I'll use Regular Contact and Hidden Contact. Regular Contact should be the master, so create this one first if you don't already have record types on your contact object. Take a look at https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=creating_record_types.htm&language=en_US and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUFq1do07fA for guidance on creating record types. Give Standard Users (and presumably all other profiles) access to the two record types (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_recordtype.htm&language=en_US).
2) Clone your existing contact page layout, remove the address and phone number fields from it and save it. Then under Page Layout Assignment, ensure the the new layout without these fields is selected for the Standard User and Hidden Contact profile/record type combination.Further guidance: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_layout.htm&language=en_US, http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_layoutassign.htm, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUFq1do07fA.
3) EITHER manually change the record type of your specific contacts to Hidden Contact one by one (http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=account_recordtype.htm&language=en_US) OR create some standalone workflow logic to do that for you (for example: create a new checkbox field for Hidden Contact and create a workflow rule that detects this value becoming true and forces through a field update of the record type field to a new value of Hidden Contact - https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=workflow_defining_field_updates.htm&language=en_US).
4) Test this extensively to ensure that all use cases are satisfied. For example, check that all users can still access both types of contact, check that the Hidden Contacts are having their address and phone number fields hidden for Standard Users, check that Regular Contacts are still showing the fields for Standard Users, check that the workflow is functioning correctly to update the record type automatically when Hidden Contact is ticked.
5) When you're comfortable that all your testing has been successful (and maybe think about getting someone else to sanity-check it), move your changes to your live environment either by repeating them step-by-step in the live system or by moving some or all of the new components via a change set (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=changesets.htm&language=en_US).
Be sure to let us know how you get on and whether you'd like to ask any follow-up questions or share any obstacles you face along the way. Best of luck!
this morning I have enocuntered an issue regarding a new custom action orginating from CPQ package vf page. in the quote line editor an action button "view rate card" appeard on the quote lines that seems to have no functionality. I cannot find any trace on what is the purpose of this action.
did anyone else enncounter this?
Now i am converting this 15 digit case-sensitive Id into 18 digit case Insensitive Id as in below url
It's working fine.
Now we know that 18 digit Id is case-insensitive
So i am trying to access record changeing the 18 digit id with changing one char B to b
Now new URL would be like below
record should be accessible from 0017F000008bqLkQAK but it is throwing below error message
Unable to Access Page
The value of the "id" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information.
Can anyone let me know what does 18 digit id is case-insensitive mean if above url is not able to access the record?
Follow this figure to know how a 15 characters long ID is converted to 18 characters long ID -
Now if you play around with the casing like say -
Let's take an example of an external database application that doesn't distinguish IDs based on case. Assume that you do not have 15 character Long IDs and assume you have 2 Account records in Salesforce with IDs -
Thus from external database application's point of view -
0017F000008bqLk = 0017F000008BQLkwhich is NOT true in Salesforce.
But let's say you had 18 characters long version of these IDs(with the 3 letter checksums at the end).Then you would see =
0017F000008bqLkQAI != 0017F000008BQLkQAO
I am looking for an easy option to import data into salesforce from excel
I cannot user dataloader or import wizard , This is for the sales team they would not do any mapping, Need some thing very easy for them that from excel if we give them a pre defined template or something they should be able to load
x-author is one I know, client doesn't wanna get the license
Any other suggestions?