I know it's possible to auto-approve a record with standard Approvals, but how can I auto-approve a record with Advanced Approvals?
Example, a Rep has created a Quote with Product A, which requires approval by management if the discount is over certain thresholds. If the discount is under these thresholds though, they can approve it themselves, that is the Quote is auto-approved.
Rep Approval 0-10% (A rep can auto-approve a Quote if the discount is 0-10%)
Regional Sales Manager 11-20% (Regional Sales Manager must approve the Quote if the discount is 11-20%)
VP Sales 21-30% (VP Sales must also approve the Quote if the discount is 21-30%)
Ideally, the Rep would ALWAYS submit for approval, no matter what discounts are applied, and it would be approved automatically if it was 0-10%. But as this wasn't working, I also tried to add an Approval Rule in, where the Rep was the approver themselves. I did this with the CreatedBy field on the Quote, and also tried a custom Quote_Creator__c field, but neither of them worked. I got an error in the Preview Approval window stating "Unable to find Approver for Rule ID".
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would be really surprised/disappointed if this cannot be done in Advanced Approvals, since it can be done in Standard Approvals.
I am having issue logging in to newly created TP orgs, anyone having the same issue or knows how to solve it?
Have you tried creating new org again to check whether it logs in ?
FYI. there is also a limit on number of TP for a trailhead account . I think it is 10. But I don't really think that is causing this issue.
May be you can try do this.
- Log in from a different browser. Just to ensure this is not a cache issue.
- Try creating new TP to see whether it works out.
- If 1 & 2 doesn't work for you, then raise a case to Salesforce.
The user doesnt have the edit access.
You can provide edit access by chnaging OWD to public read/write or using sharing rules.
I would to create a simple web form to feed the contact standard object and a couple of custom objects.
I've been looking everywhere and all I can find is how to build an App, which is not what I want. I just want to build a simple web form.
Can anyone direct me to a tutorial that shows me how to do that?
All I really need is to understand how to create a new page based on the Contacts object.
- Adding a Flow to a Visualforce Page
- Distribute a Flow to External Users (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_vpm_guide.meta/salesforce_vpm_guide/vpm_distribute_external.htm)
- Create a Flow that can Created Records
- Add that Flow to a VF Page
- Create a Force.com Site
- Add this VF Page to Force.com Site
- Make your Site Public
2. Contact A is related to Account 1, Account 2 and Account 3 on the Related Account list.
3. Is there a way to have a field on the Contact record count the number of related Accounts?
4. Additionally is there a way to trigger a Worfklow off of a new Relationship? For example when I add a new Related Account to this Contact?
Thanks-Rollup Summary field won't work becauase it isn't a Master.Detail relationship
The main problem you will have is that you can't trigger on the AccountContactRole Object.
Same thing on a process builder/Workflow.
You could schedule a batch every day to update the field "Number of Related Account".
Or create a Trigger which is triggered every time a contact is updated and then query the AccountContactRole object with a Count and update the record if the number of related account is different.
Integer nb_related_accounts = [SELECT COUNT FROM AccountContactRole WHERE ContactId := c.Id ];
Hope this helps !
For example User A: can set this filed to a max of 25,000
User B: 50,000
User C: 10,000
Is this possible?
Now create two page layouts, one with field on it (say X) and second without the field(say Y).
Now assign X to A and Y to B.
Now create a workflow, to change the record type to B, when your criteria is met.
And that should do it. :)