I logged in as her from my laptop and was unable to replicate the issue as everything worked fine for me. We did a screensharing session and I logged in as myself on her computer, but we still encountered the issue.
Any other .xls files are opening just fine for her in Excel. She mentioned she did a Windows update yesterday and that might have something to do with it. It's just curious that it's only happening with Salesforce reports.
Has anybody else encountered this issue? Do you think this is more of a laptop problem or a Salesforce problem?
Contacted Salesforce Support and this is the article they gave for a temp fix: support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2994633. They also said "R&D team has investigated this matter and logged a New Issue for it to be repaired. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a timeline as to when this repair will be implemented due to Safe Harbor constraints."
Need help in creating a report that I can use for a dashboard in table format which includes 3 columns; Account name, Count of Open Cases, Average Aging Days
1. Click Customize or Edit on your source report to enter the report builder.
2. If your report already includes a chart, click Edit Chart, otherwise click Add Chart.
3. Select Vertical Bar Chart (the second graph option) as your chart type.
4. Set Y-Axis to the first value you wish to display (e.g. Record Count).
5. Set X-Axis to the appropriate grouping value (e.g. Account Name).
6. Select Plot additional values in the Combination Charts section.
7. Set Display to Line.
8. Set Value to the other value you wish to display (e.g. Average Aging Days).
9. Select Use second axis.
10. Click Ok.
11. Verify the chart displays the correct values and click Save.
12. Edit the dashboard which includes the table in question.
13. Click the wrench icon for the appropriate table to edit its attributes.
14. Select the Formatting tab (if not already selected).
15. Click Customize table. It should appear beneath Maximum Values Displayed if you followed steps 1 - 11.
16. Ensure that Column 1 is your grouping value (Account Name).
17. Set Column 2 to one of the two values you wish to display (e.g. Record Count).
18. Set Column 3 to the other value you wish to display (e.g. Average Aging Days).
19. Click Ok.
20. Verify the table displays the correct values and click Save.
Then I added back all the fields and discovered that the New Notes won't show if you have below fields selected:
- Downloaded By
- Download Date
- Download User Type
- Link Name
- Link Created Date
- Link Expiration Date
- Password Protected Link
- Link Last Accessed Date
- Total Link Accesses
Create a searchable text area field (with a formula) to pull in multi-select/picklist values for search capability
Trying to help a team that is using a custom object.
Requirement: Use Search terms to identify records related to values found in multi-select and picklist values.
These field types are not searchable fields, so my quesiton is, can I transfer these to text area fields using a formual, and then make the picklist values searchable?
Before I start chasing this rabbit, I was hoping someone in the community may have done this before and provide advice/recommendation.
Was going to use a ispickval type formula and place it into a text area field.
You certainly can. You can set the lightning process to fire on insert/update and have the text field value determined by a formula using the same syntax as a regular formula field. I believe the formula would look something like TEXT(MyTextField__c).
Any alternative ways to ensure the triggers fire!
Is it possible to access Campaigns with Chatter plus? And if not why are you able to add them to it?
No, it is not possible to view campaigns with chatter plus.
Here are few links to help you with it.
I hope that helps a bit =]. If it was best answer, click on best answer!
my Person Account has two related lists related to custom objects having both a field called "Name of the Applicant" (translated into English).
When I go to the page layout of the Person Account --> go to the Admission related list and want to choose "Name of the Applicant" in that related list, I can not see it for selection.
Name of the Applicant is a lookup field.
Is there any form (besides using formula) to let it appear on the related list for the Person Account?
The object Admission has a lookup to Account, say, Name of the Applicant. The object Account has a related list called Admissions (related to the object Admission). So, what I was trying to achieve was to add the field Name of the Applicant to the columns to be shown in the related list Admission, what was not working, because the lookup field was / is not available.
In my screenshot what I tried to do is to modify the page layout of the object Account (Person Account to be more exact) and then I went to its related list Solicitud de Información (another related list which also has a lookup to Account), I couldn't find the lookup field under the available fields.
But https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BB3iIAG gave me the answer.