I logged in as her from my laptop and was unable to replicate the issue as everything worked fine for me. We did a screensharing session and I logged in as myself on her computer, but we still encountered the issue.
Any other .xls files are opening just fine for her in Excel. She mentioned she did a Windows update yesterday and that might have something to do with it. It's just curious that it's only happening with Salesforce reports.
Has anybody else encountered this issue? Do you think this is more of a laptop problem or a Salesforce problem?
Contacted Salesforce Support and this is the article they gave for a temp fix: support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2994633. They also said "R&D team has investigated this matter and logged a New Issue for it to be repaired. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a timeline as to when this repair will be implemented due to Safe Harbor constraints."
Need help in creating a report that I can use for a dashboard in table format which includes 3 columns; Account name, Count of Open Cases, Average Aging Days
1. Click Customize or Edit on your source report to enter the report builder.
2. If your report already includes a chart, click Edit Chart, otherwise click Add Chart.
3. Select Vertical Bar Chart (the second graph option) as your chart type.
4. Set Y-Axis to the first value you wish to display (e.g. Record Count).
5. Set X-Axis to the appropriate grouping value (e.g. Account Name).
6. Select Plot additional values in the Combination Charts section.
7. Set Display to Line.
8. Set Value to the other value you wish to display (e.g. Average Aging Days).
9. Select Use second axis.
10. Click Ok.
11. Verify the chart displays the correct values and click Save.
12. Edit the dashboard which includes the table in question.
13. Click the wrench icon for the appropriate table to edit its attributes.
14. Select the Formatting tab (if not already selected).
15. Click Customize table. It should appear beneath Maximum Values Displayed if you followed steps 1 - 11.
16. Ensure that Column 1 is your grouping value (Account Name).
17. Set Column 2 to one of the two values you wish to display (e.g. Record Count).
18. Set Column 3 to the other value you wish to display (e.g. Average Aging Days).
19. Click Ok.
20. Verify the table displays the correct values and click Save.
I am able to create new Order obejcts via the API without referencing a contract, however when I try to create a new Order via SalesForce.com UI, I can not create one without a Contract Number.
We do not use contracts, I need to make a new order without one.
When you are in the page layout editor, you should be able to click on the wrench that appears when you hover over the Contract Number field, and uncheck the Required checkbox. When I did this, Contract Number was no longer required. If you do not use Contracts, you can also drag that field off of the page layout to limit confusion.
We currently have public read on Accounts and Contacts.
Then I added back all the fields and discovered that the New Notes won't show if you have below fields selected:
- Downloaded By
- Download Date
- Download User Type
- Link Name
- Link Created Date
- Link Expiration Date
- Password Protected Link
- Link Last Accessed Date
- Total Link Accesses
Create a searchable text area field (with a formula) to pull in multi-select/picklist values for search capability
Trying to help a team that is using a custom object.
Requirement: Use Search terms to identify records related to values found in multi-select and picklist values.
These field types are not searchable fields, so my quesiton is, can I transfer these to text area fields using a formual, and then make the picklist values searchable?
Before I start chasing this rabbit, I was hoping someone in the community may have done this before and provide advice/recommendation.
Was going to use a ispickval type formula and place it into a text area field.
You certainly can. You can set the lightning process to fire on insert/update and have the text field value determined by a formula using the same syntax as a regular formula field. I believe the formula would look something like TEXT(MyTextField__c).